£5 plus booking fee
Chaotic cabaret in the pub featuring a line-up of Goldsmiths academics who will delve into the weird and wonderful side of their research. Expect laughs, facts that sound totally made up, and terrible PowerPoints. Compered by comedian Steve Cross.
- Dr Sarah Wiseman (Computing) on “Why does a pizza emoji mean ‘I love you?’”
- Dr Gustav Kuhn (Psychology) on “The Science of Magic – How fake news and impossible solutions manipulate your mind”
- Dr Ros Barber (English and Comparative Literature) on ‘Fake facts about Shakespeare’
- Professor Chris French (Psychology) on “(False) memories are made of this”
- Sarah Lambert (History) on “The destruction/preservation of minority cultural heritage going back to classical times. Includes pictures of elephants”
- Dr Kate Devlin (Computing) on ‘When rats have one night stands: the joy of sex (research)’
More acts to be announced.
Check the Eventbrite website for the full line up and to book your tickets. All proceeds to Brockley Max.