Come down to Brockley from 3.30pm and get stuck in to Brockley Max’s Opening Night. We’re putting on an entire afternoon and evening of fantastic, free music at our temporary stage on the corner of Foxberry Road and Coulgate Street, a stone’s throw from Brockley station.
There’s a host of brilliant bands, including our wonderful headliners Ras Keith and The Borderline Band. As well as watching a host of performers and seeing the new Bob Marley mural take shape you’ll be able to buy food and drink from the nearby bars including a special festival takeaway menu from The Brockley Barge.
Opening Night acts include
- Las Pachas Band describe their music as ‘afro-cuban dance funk jazz pop’ on their Bandcamp page
- Hummy Mummies choir
- The True Believers
- The Wiz-rd
- Koder plays urban rhythms and has even written a song called Brockley
- Dr Joe Joe
- Lewis Barfoot plays pretty folk music and also has her own show during Brockley Max at St Hilda’s Church on 6 June
- The Hit Men are Brockley Max stalwarts and are bound to get the crowd dancing
- Max Pope – get a taste for his laid-back songs here: https://soundcloud.com/maxthepope
- The Spare Room combines brass, blues and thoughtful folk
- Perry Joe Rogantin –
- Whisper Anthem
- Headline act Ras Keith & The Borderline Band play roots rock reggae. Get a sneak preview on Ras Keith Soundcloud page.